110 220 motor swap on Kobalt

2 years 7 months ago #3565 by virgils
110 220 motor swap on Kobalt was created by virgils
Hello. So I have a 30 gallon Kobalt 120v 15a 60hz 1ph compressor. It is a 2Hp 155psi 30 gallon. It’s a few years old with hardly any hours on it. The motor is bad. It spins by hand by when wired directly it just hums. So I was going to replace it with a 220 3.5 - 5 Hp motor (probably the 3.5) can I do this without a problem as long as the rpm (3450) is similar? The pressure switch is labeled 110/220. Can I use the existing switch or does this need to be replaced as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mehmetkol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #3572 by mehmetkol
Replied by mehmetkol on topic 110 220 motor swap on Kobalt
You will most likely need to provide a key exchange. I will research this issue for you. I<a href=" powertools-en.com/lowes-air-compressor-h...rts-review-for-sale/ " class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">'
ll let you know if I get any valuable information. Are there times when the product gives off white smoke? If we can get a little more detailed information, it may take less time for us to help.

Also, I hope you have resolved the issue. I wanted to reply when I saw the thread. It was a problem with the product I was using as well. Respects.

2 years 7 months ago #3574 by mehmetkol
Replied by mehmetkol on topic 110 220 motor swap on Kobalt
You will most likely need to provide a key exchange. I will research this issue for you. I ' ll let you know if I get any valuable information. Are there times when the product gives off white smoke? If we can get a little more detailed information, it may take less time for us to help.
Also, I hope you have resolved the issue. I wanted to reply when I saw the thread. It was a problem with the product I was using as well. Respects.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds