Another help with compressor ID

3 years 3 months ago #3489 by Bill78
Another help with compressor ID was created by Bill78
Scored this beast locally pretty cheaply (friend) 

You will have to excuse some of my terminology; I am very new to the big boy compressors and "thought" this might be one. The plumbing was routed bizarrely, and I cant tell if its a 3 phase motor or a 575 or....all I know is that wont be used.

What caught my eye was the three ribbed flywheel and the overall condition of the unit. Tank is stamped 1985. Just wondering if anyone can help me determine what pump this is. The obvious stampings on it are 2M169 on the top, and (pretty sure) 59J15420R, with 2 MO 762, and then a plated 1700 with a cool looking symbol beneath it. Ill put one up later of the big ugly motor for interest sake. Im hoping its a two stage, with the way it was plumbed it was hard to tell. Currently running a gen one Devilbiss Proair on its last legs, this would look much nicer in my shop, hopefully my baldor 5hp 240 would spin it.

I thought with enough digging I would find something. Google photos just...well....I don't remember it being this crap.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #3490 by Bill78
Replied by Bill78 on topic Another help with compressor ID
Tried to edit; I thought 7 pictures uploaded wonder what happened.....

3 years 3 months ago #3491 by Bill78

3 years 3 months ago #3492 by Bill78

3 years 3 months ago #3493 by Bill78
My apologies. I cant delete or edit anything and the three photo links jumble into a pile of code jibberish. This used to be easier "back in my day" (of 2001) plus get hit with captcha every time I go to do anything.

Sorry lads

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds