compressor tripping breaker after 1 minute

10 years 3 months ago #292 by swervedout
compressor tripping breaker after 1 minute was created by swervedout
I have a t30 ingersoll compressor that turn off after 1 minute of run time. Replaced the check valve but still same problem. Changed breaker location. same problem. Replaced Motor. Same problem Build pressure fine for the first minute. Took output tube off of tank to double check valve same problem. Is it possible that compressor is just dragging after warm and causing resistance then tripping breaker? Compressor pump is next . any ideas would be appreciated. I am L1 master tech so you dont have to waste time typing so much thatnks in advance. Aaron Pump is a dual stage 2545 ingersoll

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #296 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic compressor tripping breaker after 1 minute
Thanks for the post!
I would say it's a possibility the problem lies in the pump. Make sure the Valves aren't sticking on the Valve Plate, for one.
Also, make sure the Belts are on straight and belt tension is fine (1/2" deflection is ideal).
Make sure the pump flywheel turns by hand somewhat easily. As long as you have enough oil in the crankcase, I doubt the issue lies below in the crankcase of the pump.

Make sure the motor starter switch is clean (contacts), test the run and start capacitors to confirm you have enough juice.

I would certainly start here and see what you get.
- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds