Split manifold!

10 years 3 months ago #288 by Newbs
Split manifold! was created by Newbs
Hi, I'm looking for a manifold for my wolf air Sioux 24 litre 2.5hp compressor. The cast metal has split where the safety valve screws in. I've added a few pics of the compressor so you can see what one it is. Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #289 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Split manifold!
Thanks for the post!

Well unfortunately "Wolf Air" isn't a manufacturer, it's a private label import unit, most likely from China.
Harbor Freight stores in the U.S. (and many others) manufacturer a very similar, if not identical, compressor which has all metric parts.

I'm not sure why these parts are so difficult to find, but they're not available most of the time. I would honestly try and use J-B Weld if you can. If that doesn't work there really isn't much else in the way of options.
You could attempt to install a more universal Manifold, but you'd have to install another universal Regulator and possibly other parts, which would essentially be the same cost as a new unit.

These are inexpensive compressors, but it is frustrating when basic parts are not available. You find more and more of that nowadays.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help!
- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds