Speedaire 4B228C

4 years 5 months ago #3270 by Cadkathy
Speedaire 4B228C was created by Cadkathy
Speedaire 4B228C pump 4B247A I don't use this compressor often and the last time I turned it on it ran for about 15 minutes with a staple gun attached giving me no trouble . I started it up again about an hour later and it started then cut off. There was oil on the wheel side of the pump so I placed a rag on the tank bracket to soak it up. 2 months later I want to get it running. Presently I have the oil draining. Do you have any suggestion on how to proceed? Do I need the whole rebuild kit or just part or am I heading in the wrong direction. Thanks for all help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #3271 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Speedaire 4B228C
I would say doing a rebuild on the whole pump wouldn't hurt considering the age of it. The parts are on this page link:
mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-pump...-vt4923-p-17665.html

Campbell Hausfeld made this unit for Grainger. The old pump is no longer available. If your valve plate looks different than the one on the page above, then I would simply replace the gaskets and be done with it. By the time you change to the new valve plate style and gaskets and rings, you may as well buy a new pump so on 2nd thought, maybe just replace the oil seal and gaskets needed to get to the seal.

4 years 5 months ago #3272 by Cadkathy
Replied by Cadkathy on topic Speedaire 4B228C
This one?
Attachments:

4 years 5 months ago #3273 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Speedaire 4B228C
Yes, this one VT472400AV

4 years 5 months ago #3274 by Cadkathy
Replied by Cadkathy on topic Speedaire 4B228C
You're a blessing, thanks

4 years 5 months ago #3275 by gfulton
Replied by gfulton on topic Speedaire 4B228C
It's just a small thing Cadkathy. But thanks so much for using the proper usage of the contraction "you're" instead of "your". What a breath of fresh air that is. And scarce on the ground these days. (Relurking now.)

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds