SHOT OUT R5900

5 years 2 weeks ago #2977 by beerdrinkinsob
SHOT OUT R5900 was created by beerdrinkinsob
Howdy everyone ,Brand new here so hello hows it goin...Now onto my problem I got a RAND 4000 DevilBiss 5 hp 2 stage pump that is knockin so bad you can not even yell at a person 5 feet from you and them understand any of what was said when that puppy comes on . So I have done some research and what have ya and only thing I can find out about ity is that its discontinued and good luck finding any parts for it. And yes it is a pain to try n find any wrist pin bushings for this thing. So here's my question do I go and buy material to make my own bushings and see what i can do about the scorn crank shaft in it ? Then having to find a gasket kit and all that jazz just to get it working again or do I just can that lightweight aluminum pump and plop some other higher CFM pump on it and if so what has everyone gone with ? Just wanting to stay on the cheaper side right now due to a work related injury that's got me out a while and the paychecks I get now are squat! I just am dead in the water here pretty much and would love to get some decent air again because the little 20 gal oil less thing I got from the neighbor needs to go back asafp lol .Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated and THANKS in advance for your time ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago #2982 by skatingtoolman
Replied by skatingtoolman on topic SHOT OUT R5900
What is the model number of your air compressor as there are a couple of companies that still sell the pump.

4 years 8 months ago #3141 by beerdrinkinsob
Replied by beerdrinkinsob on topic SHOT OUT R5900
Hey buddy thank you for the reply the model number is RA5T80V1D and somewhere I got this model number for it not sure from where but it is SA2580V. I have been on all sorts of forums and diy fix sites no one really has any info on repairing the pump I have or a good replacement I can pick up . Because this is going to be the 3rd or 4th time in under 90 days I will once again be taking this POS back to HF...might have to start charging labor lolo... I really need my Original 2 stage pump back online . But thank you for your help and time for sure . And hell yeah still skating here myself at 40 bro

4 years 8 months ago #3143 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic SHOT OUT R5900
Do you know what the full model number is of your unit? I will check on what is available.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds