Air Compressor problem

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #2327 by davefollmers
Air Compressor problem was created by davefollmers
Hi,

I have a Craftsman Portable comp. 125 psi max when I turn the unit on it will start and run but the pressure on the gauge never gets above 25PSI and the compressor will run forever if I let it. I have taken the comp unit apart and everything seems fine the flutter valves aren't stuck and the rings are ok. I do feel air coming from the oil fill cap which I can understand that there would be some buildup in the oil tank. I have taken all the lines apart and teflon the connections. Any other ideas?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #2332 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Air Compressor problem
Thank you for the post,

First, please stop posting links to your website (video production, etc.). If you're trying to obtain backlinks for SEO purposes, this is a black hat practice and something we don't tolerate here. Please do NOT post links or your account will be deleted.

That being said, you have either defective Valves in the Head, Gaskets or both. The Valves are the main pressure component that builds pressure in an air compressor so if the unit will run but won't build up much pressure, the problem lies in the pump.

Otherwise, check for major air leaks by spraying soapy water on all of the fittings and areas where air could escape. My money is on the pump Valves, Gaskets and/or Rings being defective, however.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds