Quincy Q13160VQ Headbolt Torque Specs

6 years 1 month ago #2323 by PropanePaul
Quincy Q13160VQ Headbolt Torque Specs was created by PropanePaul
My Friend has a Quincy 3.5 hp 60 gal. vertical comp. Q13160VQ . The pump Model #A_1609402353, Two-cylinder, looks like a light duty import pump, compared to the Heavy Duty massive pump units Quincy is known for. It blew a head gasket & my friend made a home made gasket to replace the blown/burned one. He could not find a replacement gasket for it or find the torque specs. & sequence. The compressor was purchased at Lowe's.
Does anyone have the Torque specs & sequence? Thanks, PropanePaul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #2324 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Quincy Q13160VQ Headbolt Torque Specs
Thanks for the post!

I don't see a torque spec for the head bolts, unfortunately. You can look at the attached manual for this unit as it may be buried in that literature; you can view the manual by clicking on the below link:

www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/39562.pdf

You may want to contact Quincy directly and ask them for this information as I can't locate it on the Web.

- MTR

6 years 1 month ago #2343 by PropanePaul
Replied by PropanePaul on topic Quincy Q13160VQ Headbolt Torque Specs
Thank you Admin. for the reply. I did see the same on-line users manual (unfortunately Not a Service/Repair Manual) & it contained not torque specs. So, I call Quincy's headquarters * all they did was give me a ph. # of the regional "Authorized Service center" near my area. I got a very helpful parts technician there who could nearly quote genuine Quincy pump part #'s(Quincy Blue painted pumps made in America) by memory! However, he could find Nothing on the black & silver "import pumps" No parts, No Specifications, Torque #'s. Nothing! He tried hard, searched high & low to no avail !
Keep that in mind if you are considering buying one at a big box store. I was looking at several Quincy's the other day, comparing the "import" Quincy version for $889.99 versus the American made "Real" Quincy with Blue painted, big, massive, heavy duty pump for $1699.99! yes, you really get what you pay for in this case, including parts availability in the future!!
I urge anyone who already has an "import Quincy to mount a squirrel cage type fan to blow directly across the head, parallel to the fins, IF you will be using it for continuous duty like sand blasting or multiple sanders, etc. That's what my friend has to do during heavy use. Good luck, PropanePaul

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds