Tank leaking air and oil - Ingersoll Rand Military Screw Comp. P-250-WDM-H33-

6 years 1 month ago #2315 by Speach1
Ive had this unit for a few months and am now getting to use it on a regular basis. This thing is awesome. Deutz 4 cylinder and Ingersoll Rand pump. Its quiet, and its been working great for the media blasting business I started. Yea its old but its all I could afford at the time. These things aint cheap and newer ones are big bucks. So anyway yea I've probably been running this thing harder than it prob has been run in years. A few days ago I noticed that it was leaking some oil from a tube under the pump, manual said sight glass needed to be at least half full and I really needed to finish the job I was working on. Next day I cranked it up and within a couple minutes I knew something was wrong. Air was pouring out of a leak on the unit somewhere. I checked the reservoir tank and yup! Ive tried to post photos in sequence of what happened. Right after i shut it down sight glass was cloudy like it was way too hot. After it cooled the level looked to be below half. I'm not 100 percent sure what started this other than the small leak underneath. I ordered a new tank oil/air separator that goes in the tank where the leak sprang. Ive also ordered a new thermostat, filters, belts, oil and a few gaskets. I'm hoping these parts will fix the problem and that I don't have anything wrong inside the pump. Any ideas from more experienced people??? This is my first big compressor and its been a crash coarse. I have a job waiting so I desperately need to get this thing operational.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #2317 by MTR-Admin
Thanks for the post,

I'm hoping someone else can reply and answer some of your questions, as we at MTR don't handle rotary screw units, only reciprocating units.

In the meantime, you may want to contact IR directly at 1-800-247-7378 for more detailed trouble shooting.

- MTR

6 years 1 month ago #2321 by Speach1

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds