Pressure switch not operating correctly

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2285 by Accutron1
Pressure switch not operating correctly was created by Accutron1
Hi All! I replaced the pressure switch on my craftsman air compressor with an exact replacement. I replaced it because it would not shut off. However when i manually flipped the switch to off once it went past the shut off psi then flipped it to auto again then it would stay off until it went down to the psi it should start running at. The new switch is doing the exact same thing. I cant believe I got a bad switch. Any thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2286 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pressure switch not operating correctly
Thanks for the post!

A few questions, first:

1. Does the pressure switch cut off at the correct pressure?

2. What is the cut-off pressure of the unit/pressure switch?

3. Have you replaced the tank pressure gauge with a known working gauge, to test if your current tank pressure gauge is accurately reading the tank pressure?

When the PSI on the tank pressure gauge falls below the cut-in pressure of the unit, the compressor should restart and fill the tank until the top-end cut-out pressure, then shut off

- MTR

6 years 3 months ago #2287 by Accutron1
Replied by Accutron1 on topic Pressure switch not operating correctly
It doesn’t shut off automatically. It always goes way past the 120 psi cut off as looking at the gauge. However when i stand there and watch when the gauge gets to 120 psi I shut it off manually then when i put the lever back to auto mode it doesnt start so i take it that the switch is then engaged. Now when i put it back to auto mode and bleed off air it will then kick back on. But it still wont shut off automatically

6 years 3 months ago #2288 by MTR-Admin
You could possibly have a pressure switch that is set at the wrong cut-out pressure.
You can't always trust the writing on the side of the switch since many are custom set for the specific application, but a stock pressure switch is used with stock pressure settings, just tweaked to match the product application.

Not saying it isn't defective because your new switch could be defective, but I would need to know the part number that was shipped to you as well as the compressor model that the pressure switch is being installed on to give more detailed information.

- MTR

6 years 3 months ago #2291 by MTR-Admin
Unfortunately I can't see the photos you uploaded. The photo is blank when I try to view it. Can you try to upload again?
Thanks!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds