Bostitch 6 gal. no tool pressure

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2262 by goosemasterkl
Bostitch 6 gal. no tool pressure was created by goosemasterkl
I have a Bostitch CAP2060P 6 gallon compressor and it pumps up air and shuts off like it's suppose to do. My problem is when you have a hose or air tool hooked up to the outlet pressure regulator you'll get a quick burst of pressure and then next to nothing. When you press the trigger the regulator pressure will drop down to zero until you let off the trigger then it shows full pressure on the gauge and when you press the trigger again it does the same thing. Please; what is my problem? I put a new pressure regulator from HF on it here while back. Please someone reply. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2265 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch 6 gal. no tool pressure
It certainly sounds as though your Air Regulator is defective and needs to be replaced.

There are really only two components in between your air Tank and the Outlet Hose, the 1) Air Regulator and 2) the Check Valve.

The in-tank Check Valve keeps the air in the tank, so if the tank holds pressure and doesn't leak out, your Check Valve is OK.

The Regulator valve is probably defective, so it's most likely opening initially to allow pressure to your hose, but is closing soon after so as to shut off the flow of air. I would replace the Regulator at this point.
Make sure that the regulator was installed properly with the arrow or marking pointing to the direction of flow (out to your hose). Remove the output coupling and see if the regulator will allow air pressure to flow thru and if you can vary the flow with the regulator, if not then it is probably the regulator that is bad.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds