Emglo Model L2B-60

6 years 4 months ago #2256 by serjacole
Emglo Model L2B-60 was created by serjacole
I have a Emglo Model L2B-60 air compressor that I got from my place of employment, company through away because didn't want to replace the magnetic start. Here's the information off the compressor:
3 Phase 1-1/2 HP 1735 RPM motor
Model L Pump

Like to replace the motor with a 1 Phase 3 HP 3450 RPM motor and will also have to replace the stop/start pressure switch.

Any information is greatly appreciated, Cannot find any information on the internet for that model. Also can you supply the part and model number for the pressure switch, will be ordering from your website.

Thanks
Sergio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #2266 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo Model L2B-60
Thanks for the post Serjacole,

As for the Pressure Switch, there are two choices based on the max cut-off pressure of your unit:

140-1074-01 which is a 125 psi switch
140-1077 which is a 150 psi switch

Now for the motor:

First, Emglo pumps are designed to pair up with a 1725 RPM motor, not a 3450 RPM motor. The original motor was a 2HP and was delivering 9 CFM. We could bump up to a 3HP and get around 13 CFM if we changed the pulley, but I will need the voltage before we go any further.

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: serjacole

6 years 3 months ago #2267 by serjacole
Replied by serjacole on topic Emglo Model L2B-60
The 3 HP is a 220 V 15 Amp with a single belt 2.25 pulley. The Emglo compressor has a two belt system with a 10 inch pulley on the pump and a 3.25 inch on the motor.

Will a modification on the pump need to be made to convert from a continuous to a on\off system.

Thanks

Sergio

6 years 3 months ago #2268 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo Model L2B-60
I did some additional research and asked my rep at Emglo; here is what I learned:

To run the "L" pump to 150 PSI off of a 3 HP 1,725 rpm motor I would recommend a 2AK46 (which is a 4.2" OD) pulley. This will get you to 710 RPM’s which is ideal, with a 1,735 RPM motor.
Also, an L2B-60 should've never been setup as a continuous-run unit, so there should be nothing that needs to be converted.
If the machine is setup for continuous-run, someone must have changed/modified things on the machine.

All you should need to do is use the current on/off pressure switch you have, and route the 1/4" unloader line from the valve on the pressure switch to the 1/8" inlet on the side of the in-tank check valve.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds