bostitch 6 gal compressor

6 years 5 months ago #2237 by deano777
bostitch 6 gal compressor was created by deano777
ordered a piston seal or ring or whatever it is then broke it trying to get it in the cylinder is there a trick to this thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #2238 by Valzan
Replied by Valzan on topic bostitch 6 gal compressor
The tool is called a piston ring spreader. You should be able to get one on Amazon or at your local auto parts store. Hope this helps.

6 years 4 months ago #2240 by deano777
Replied by deano777 on topic bostitch 6 gal compressor
not talking about that kind actually i have one of those. but this is a oil-less compressor and this is a plastic thing. the old one is bowl shaped from wear but the new one is almost flat and does not go in the cylinder easily i wondered if hot water or something would help or maybe silicone grease or something else but maybe someone already knows how and i dont have to figure it out at 9$ a lesson

6 years 4 months ago #2243 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic bostitch 6 gal compressor
Thanks for the post!

It shouldn't be necessary to use any grease or lubricant in order to install the Piston Ring. Once it's installed and the unit is reassembled, it should form into a cup when in use.

It will require a little work to get it into the cylinder once it's installed, but this is normal as the ring should have a tight seal in the cylinder.

Hopefully this works for you, if you have any additional questions I'll see if I can give you more detail.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds