air filter swap out on B4900/T29S

6 years 8 months ago #2112 by topman
air filter swap out on B4900/T29S was created by topman
Hi,

I have a 60 gallon Central Pneumatic air compressor from Harbor Freight which has a B4900 pump with the small plastic filter housing and foam air filter. Is there a way to convert it to fit the round metal housing filter like the T29S pump has? I see there's a filter adapter (part # 1400477) on the T29S part list but not sure if it will work on a B4900.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #2113 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic air filter swap out on B4900/T29S
Thanks for the post!

Actually, the T29S and B4900 are the same pump, the only difference is the type of Air Filter which you mentioned above.
The 1400477 Filter Adapter may very well fit your pump, but I would first confirm you have the B4900 pump; does it state so in your manual? If you can reply with your Central Pneumatic model number I can probably confirm this for you.
Converting to the T29S-style round filter assembly would be a better option, certainly.

- MTR

6 years 8 months ago #2114 by topman
Replied by topman on topic air filter swap out on B4900/T29S
The manual doesn't specify exactly what the pump is but it's the "Made in Italy" 2 -stage pump that they use on the 60 gallon air compressors. They also have a 3 cylinder single stage but this one is the 2-stage. I'll inspect tomorrow to see if I can find any indicators. It's Central Pneumatic - Item #93274

Thanks

6 years 8 months ago #2115 by topman
OK, the sticker on the pump says it's model # CN560V

6 years 8 months ago #2116 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic air filter swap out on B4900/T29S
Thanks for the info topman,

Looking at a photo of that unit it does appear to be a B4900 pump. This is made by ABAC/IMC (who manufacture the Belaire units) and the pump is used on dozens of different branded air compressors.

Knowing this I would say that the Filter Adapter would most likely fit your pump. I can't confirm for 100% certainty because CP doesn't state it's a B4900 explicitly, but more likely than not it will fit so you can convert your air filter setup.

- MTR

6 years 8 months ago #2117 by topman
Here is a picture of the air filter removed from the pump. I'm guessing the filter adapter (part #1400477) part screws in on both sides then has a 1/2" NPT for the filter to screw in to. I'll give it a shot anyway, thank you.

imgur.com/boDAt4X

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds