Hooking up to German air compressor

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2026 by Stoneman
Hooking up to German air compressor was created by Stoneman
I am going to Germany in a few weeks to carve stone. I am trying to keep things simple by only taking my air tools instead of electric ones. Will any of the North American quick couplers connect to the German ones? If not, is there somewhere to buy adaptors? I have attached a picture of the air hose and connectors that I will have to deal with.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #2028 by Stoneman
Replied by Stoneman on topic Hooking up to German air compressor
Another try at the photo
Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #2029 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Hooking up to German air compressor
Thanks for the post!

I only see the one photo of the hose, can you attempt to upload the other photo again? However, by that one photo it appears as though the plugs and couplers are pretty standard "industrial interchange" couplers, like what you can see on this webpage below:

www.air-pneumatic-fittings.com/Europe%20...Couplers/PE4-SM.html

If this is the case, then you can simply use universal quick-connect plugs with this hose, and by the looks of it, that would be the "Industrial Interchange" fittings.

Let me know if you can upload the second photo or if you have any additional questions at all.

- MTR

7 years 2 months ago #2030 by Stoneman
Replied by Stoneman on topic Hooking up to German air compressor
I have added another photo.
I will be taking my own air hose so all my tools will work with one end of it but I want to make sure that I can plug the other end into the German fitting. I am going to be in a small town and I don't know the availability of fittings there and also their threads are probably metric or possibly British pipe thread. The photos that I posted are sent to me by my connection in Germany to show me what I will be dealing with. As you say it does look like the universal fittings will work but I can't seem to find anything online that states that definitely.

I usually use electric tools in most of my work but I didn't want to have to deal with their 220 volt 50 cycle current, so I have switched to air tools for this project. I know that I can always jury rig something over there, maybe with a barbed fitting, but I hope to be able to hit the ground running because I have a lot to do.
Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #2031 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Hooking up to German air compressor
I would recommend researching what Germany refers to for "Industrial Interchange" to see if these are the same. It could be that their Industrial Interchange fittings are off by 2 mm (or what have you) and it will not fit, so we definitely don't won't to go by appearance alone. I'm sure their fittings are metric or BSP threads.

I'd actually refer you to Interstate Pneumatics (which is now Spot Nail). You can reach them at 1-800-873-2239 or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoneman

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds