Losing Air

7 years 8 months ago #1817 by BigJoe
Losing Air was created by BigJoe
Hi everyone

I bought a air compressor off a buddy of mine
Its a campbell hausfeld HL410100

So my problem is that when i reach my PSI the air just escapes tell the compressor comes back and same thing when it reaches its PSI and this goes on and on
I've tried shutting it of before it reaches its max but as soon as i turn the compressor off same thing the air is released

Now i'm a new home owner and have a basic of experince and want to know if anyone can help me out

Thanks in advance

Cheers B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #1818 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Losing Air
Cheers BigJoe and thanks for posting.

Most likely you have a defective Check Valve in your main tank inlet. This is the most common problem with air compressors.

You can click on the below link to view a video and read a document on how to test your Check Valve to confirm this is the problem:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-test-check-valve-p-22524.html

Essentially, this one-way valve is stuck (by debris usually) open when the unit shuts off, so air in the tank is back-feeding through your air lines and leaking (typically from the small valve on the side of your on/off pressure switch, where a 1/4" air line attaches).

Try the above test and reply here with your findings.

If you can't clean the check valve or if you do and it doesn't fix the problem, then you'll need to replace it. For your model the part# is HL019400AV which sells at $26.79, located here:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/check-valve-hl019400av-p-20280.html

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds