emglo air mate am78 hc4v on off switch

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #1620 by jevankovich
emglo air mate am78 hc4v on off switch was created by jevankovich
Im texturing a basement went to flip compressor on got a spark in the switch housing and figured there was a short. I removed the 4 toRx screws to find out the thing is spring loaded and parts went flying. Basically what im looking for is a diagram or diy fix for the power switch. It's not like any switch I've worked with. It has two metal plates that are from my best guess attached with springs held in place with another spring. I can't get it all in the housing in unison. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #1622 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic emglo air mate am78 hc4v on off switch
Thanks for the post!

This is a common story...these pressure switches really aren't meant to be disassembled and when you do, this happens. It's quite difficult to reinstall the parts and put it back together again and if you do, it may not mechanically operate accurately.

I'd honestly recommend replacing the pressure switch, we sell one for around $42 + shipping, which you can find at the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...am78-hc4v-p-889.html

You may want to contact Furnas (now Hubbell) directly at 336-434-2800 to speak with one of their techs, as I can't help with this particular issue.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds