Air compressor problem

8 years 1 week ago #1614 by rgtstang
Air compressor problem was created by rgtstang
I have model# 919-165600 air compressor that for some reason will not build up to full pressure and shut down. Originally I thought is was a bad gauge and replaced it. It still did the same thing. Next I checked all line to make sure they were unobstructed and secure which they were. I let it run for a while just to see if it build up enough pressure for the auto shutoff but once it got up to about 80 psi it seemed to stop building up pressure. Any thoughts as to what may be the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #1617 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Air compressor problem
Thanks for the post!

What you probably have is a bad/damaged Piston (Compression) Ring and/or bad Reed Valves in the Pump, but the problem certainly lies in the pump.

One of the Teflon-coated Piston Rings probably has a but or fold in the outer perimeter of the ring, so it won't create a tight seal in the Cylinder. I would take the Head, Valve Plate and Cylinder off of each Piston and inspect the Piston Rings, most likely you'll find that one (or both) is damaged.

You can find a full parts breakdown with parts list on our website by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...9165600-p-27200.html

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds