Pressure Switch Husky H1506FWH

8 years 2 weeks ago #1593 by JBro
Pressure Switch Husky H1506FWH was created by JBro
I recently purchased and installed a pressure switch (item # 9063138) on a Husky H1506FWH air compressor. The replacement part description says 135 psi, the rating on the tank says 135 psi, and before replacement the compressor used to get to 135 psi before cutting off. After installing the new pressure switch, it will only get up to 120 psi before cutting off. Is this correct? Is this switch adjustable?

The reason the switch was replaced was because the pressure would get to 135 psi, stay there for awhile, but would eventually cut off. Then one day it wouldn't start at all. Upon inspection, it looked like the contacts on the switch were shot.

Also replaced a few months ago was the reed plate assembly with a pump head kit (AB-9429999).

Thanks.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #1594 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pressure Switch Husky H1506FWH
Thanks for the post John,

That pressure switch is certainly supposed to cut the unit off at 135 PSI, correct.

If it cuts the unit off at 125 PSI, something is wrong.

First, I would make sure your tank Pressure Gauge is reading an accurate pressure. I would plug in a coupler to the line (where you'd normally attach your nailer, sprayer, etc.) and simply find out if the tank is indeed holding 125 PSI or 135 PSI. You can plug in a Gauge you know is working where the current tank Gauge is; the Gauge may just be defective.

If it's accurate, then you'll need to adjust the Pressure Switch; some Pressure Switches are not adjustable, however.

If it is adjustable, it will have a small plastic screw (typically) with an arrow on it; you would turn this CW to increase the cut-off pressure. If it doesn't have this adjustment screw, then you may need to return the Switch for a replacement.

- MTR

8 years 2 weeks ago #1597 by JBro
Replied by JBro on topic Pressure Switch Husky H1506FWH
Thanks for the reply.

I checked the output pressure and it was the same as the gauges on the tank and regulator, so it wasn't the gauges.

I looked for the small adjustment screw you described to adjust cut off pressure. I couldn't find one. I looked at some of the videos at MTR describing pressure switches and found one similar to mine, but not exact. I made the adjustment to see the effect. It worked! My compressor now cuts off at 135 psi like it should. Strange that it wasn't set from the factory.

Thanks again for the help.

John

8 years 2 weeks ago #1599 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pressure Switch Husky H1506FWH
That's great to hear John, glad you were able to adjust it and get it working.

Sometimes these switches aren't set accurately from the factory, we find one in a bunch like that.

Thanks again for posting!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds