Looking for a rebuild kit for a Falcon B2 pump?

8 years 3 weeks ago #1566 by Falcon1
Hey there guys, awesome site! I just purchased an older Falcon 80 gallon 5hp air compressor. Got a good deal on it but previous owner says oil is getting in the air line, looks like it needs some rings/bearings and gaskets. Cant seem to find anything on the web (B-2 pump)... Also I have another problem, this compressor is a 3 phase but its going into a residential garage with 220v. Looks like I can pick up a Baldor 5hp single phase motor for around $350 and convert it to single phase or would it be better to do a 3 phase conversion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago #1570 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Looking for a rebuild kit for a Falcon B2 pump?
Thanks for the post!

Can you upload a few photos of the air compressor? This would be helpful as I can't immediately find anything on the Falcon B2 pump you reference.

I would say it's probably best to install the new, single-phase motor than to convert to 3-Phase power, but I'm not an electrician (disclaimer!). Can't hurt to get a quote, however.

- MTR

8 years 3 weeks ago #1571 by Falcon1
I only have one pic so far as I put a deposit on the compressor and will be picking it up this weekend. It looks like a common pump. I also do think the single phase conversion will be the ticket, thanks.

Attachments:

8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #1575 by Falcon1
Picked it up today and snapped a couple pics. If these arent good I can get some better ones today.

Attachments:

8 years 3 weeks ago #1576 by Falcon1
Is it me or does it not look like an E57 Curtis? Surely Falcon didnt make their own pump, the motor is a GE 5hp made in Korea.

8 years 2 weeks ago #1578 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Looking for a rebuild kit for a Falcon B2 pump?
Thanks for the photos, they certainly helped.

I believe you're right, it looks nearly identical to the Curtis E57 pump:

gvc.advwebsys.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=109

I'll see if I can obtain more info on availability of parts on my end.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds