psmdr21130 Pressure Switch

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1410 by ScottD
psmdr21130 Pressure Switch was created by ScottD
I just received this pressure switch yesterday and installed it. Right off the bat I found that the off/auto switch on top of the pressure switch cover will not turn off the compressor. I removed the cover and pressed down the piece the switch is supposed to press down and it then will turn off. I contacted MasterToolRepair and they referred me to this forum. Does this sound like a defective switch or is there something I might have done wrong? Thank you for any help!

Thanks.
Scott

Update: My compressor is a Kobalt Model K7045V air compressor that this switch is going on. 3.5 HP Running, 230 Volt single phase, 10.1 SCFM @ 90 PSI, 12.0 SCFM @ 40 PSI, 45 Gallon tank, 135 PSI Max Pressure. Hope that helps.

Thanks.
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #1411 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic psmdr21130 Pressure Switch
Thanks for the post Scott,

Well, if the compressor turns on but when you turn the dial on/off switch nothing happens, it could very well be defective.

Make sure the switch cover is screwed on all of the way, just press it down with a little force, then tighten the screw to confirm it's on completely.

If this is the case and you still can't manually turn the unit off with the switch, please contact one of our sales associates and we'll be glad to set up an RMA to ship a new switch to you and have that switch returned.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

- MTR

8 years 3 months ago #1412 by ScottD
Replied by ScottD on topic psmdr21130 Pressure Switch
You are correct in all you have said. The compressor turns on when plugged in no matter if the switch is on or off. I have tried reseating the cover multiple times and making sure the wires are not holding it up. No change at all. I will contact the sales associates as you suggested. Thank you for the quick response.

Scott

8 years 3 months ago #1413 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic psmdr21130 Pressure Switch
No problem Scott, I'm sure it was just a bad apple in the bunch, which does happen every now and then.

Feel free to post a reply when you receive the replacement pressure switch to let us know if it installed and is working correctly!

Regards,

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds