Husky low pressure

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1387 by Jimkidmotorsports
Husky low pressure was created by Jimkidmotorsports
I have a husky pancake type won't go past 25 psi not that old thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #1388 by Jimkidmotorsports
Replied by Jimkidmotorsports on topic Husky low pressure
I took the pressure line off at the tank and ran it and I'm getting pressure from the tank

8 years 3 months ago #1389 by Jimkidmotorsports
Replied by Jimkidmotorsports on topic Husky low pressure
Found the problem reed valve broke having trouble finding the right plate model number is H1506F the one they list looks different than mine thank s again

8 years 3 months ago #1395 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky low pressure
Thanks for the post,

You got it, the most common reason for loss of pressure for this model are damaged Reed Valves.

There are two different versions of this unit.

- The original design (typically built before May 2008) had a single valve plate with a 3-fingered Flapper Valve on top.

- The newer setup (built after May 2008) had a two-piece valve plate with separate reed valves sandwiched in between, with paper gaskets on either side of the valve plate.

If you have the older style pump with the single valve plate, you'll need to upgrade to the superseded Valve Plate Assy, which is part# AB-9429999 (see below link):

www.mastertoolrepair.com/valve-plate-ass...-9429999-p-4018.html

This will update the unit and include all parts you need with instructions to make the repair.

- MTR

8 years 3 months ago #1403 by gm3301
Replied by gm3301 on topic Husky low pressure
I have an H1506FWH manufacture date 4/ 2008 and my problem sounds some what similar but mine get to 100 lbs and that's it. Never shuts down won't get to 135. Might the part you show be my fix

8 years 3 months ago #1404 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky low pressure
Thanks for the post :)

Yes, there's a GOOD chance that replacing the old valve plate plate (especially if you have the single valve plate with the 3-fingered valve on top) with the newer retro-fitted Valve Plate Assembly (AB-9429999).

Also, I'd certainly take a look at the Teflon Compression Ring around the Piston to confirm there is not a small nick or tear along the outer edge. Make sure that, when you manually move the piston up and down, there is no gap in between the cylinder wall and the ring; if you can see light then the compression ring needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps!

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: gm3301

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds