Husky 26 gallon

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1379 by Kacie
Husky 26 gallon was created by Kacie
my compressor started kicking its reset button at different psi. I thought maybe it was one of the two capacitors so I replaced both. It still continues to kick the reset. Suggestions? Thanks! I have since taken the check valve apart, cleaned it and reinstalled. still kicked the reset. I then took the seal out of the check valve, replaced the cap and ran it and the compressor ran and ran without shutting off. will replacing the check valve fix this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #1380 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 26 gallon
Thanks for the post!

What is the model# of the Husky compressor?

The Check Valve usually is the cause of the problem you're experiencing more often than not; it's a very common problem.

Does it kick the reset when the tank is empty, when it has air in it, or does it not matter?

Run this test to confirm if your Check Valve is working or not:

1)Let your unit pump up. 2)Turn it off. 3)Find the supply line from the pump to the tank. 4)Remove the supply line from the pump head. 5a)If you hear air coming from the tank you have a defective check valve.

You can click on the below link to view a technical document as well as a short video:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-test-check-valve-p-22524.html

Let me know what the result of this test is and we'll go from there.

- MTR

8 years 4 months ago #1381 by Kacie
Replied by Kacie on topic Husky 26 gallon
Thank you for your response! I've already ordered a check valve for it. I came across it being bad two ways. first I had removed the filter and cap and could hear air escaping the tank. and I also removed the check valve and found that the compressor would continue to run without the reset kicking it off.

8 years 4 months ago #1382 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 26 gallon
Great! The Check Valve should certainly fix the problem right up.

If not, reply here and we'll get to the bottom of it. Happy compressing!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds