Need HELP replacing regulator

8 years 4 months ago #1360 by spiatt
Need HELP replacing regulator was created by spiatt
I have a Central Pneumatic Portable Oil-bath Air Compressors Parts 95498. The regulator cap blew off so I purchased a new one. Got the old one off but had a hard time because as you try to twist it off it hits the cover where the motor is.

Now my problem is how do I get the new one on? There is not enough clearance to twist it back on to the connector. The regulator is all 1 piece so I can take the top portion off like some regulators allow.

Is there a special connector? Please help because I really need to use my compressor. TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #1362 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Need HELP replacing regulator
Thanks for the post,

Did you order the Regulator from us? If so, it would look like the regulator in the attached image. The plastic knob portion of this regulator can be remove from the manifold, and reassembled.

I believe you would first unscrew the the black, plastic lock nut, then the smaller red lock nut above it. You should then be able to unscrew the top knob from the base manifold (make sure the tank is empty).

If the Regulator you're replacing does not disassemble, however, you may just need to either:

1. Remove the plastic shroud covering the pump/motor assembly.

2. install an elbow or 90 degree fitting so you can pipe the Regulator away from the motor/pump assembly.

Hope this helps,

- MTR
Attachments:

8 years 4 months ago #1365 by spiatt
Replied by spiatt on topic Need HELP replacing regulator
Thanks for the reply!

I did order it from you and have tried taking the cap off in the manner you explain but when the cap is just about off it stops. I'm afraid to force it because it feels like it will break, so idk I feel like it's not supposed to come off. This would be the best solution if it worked though.

Would it be possible to switch the pressure guage with the regulator hole instead of using an elbow? The only reason I ask is I have found that elbows (I assume it's 1/4") apparently isn't something you can get at a local store.

TIA

8 years 4 months ago #1367 by MTR-Admin
Yes, you can certainly switch the Regulator and the Pressure Gauge if you'd like. Any of the accessories that thread into the pressure switch manifold can be relocated, as they all lead to a central point (like a 4-way intersection).

If this is possible, it would be the easiest solution.

Let me know if this works for you!

- MTR

8 years 4 months ago #1371 by spiatt
Replied by spiatt on topic Need HELP replacing regulator
Ok so I tried swapping out the location to the compressor gauge hole.... Argggg now it hits the air tank! I did finally figure out how to get the cap off but the inside metal is almost just as high so that doesn't solve the problem.

I will have to get some sort of connector, if they even make one, to extend the regulator out because either way there is no room to put the regulator gauge on. This is SUPER frustrating! :(

Any recommendations on where to find a 1/4" elbow and some sort of extender? Or do you have any other recommendations on how to get this thing on and working?

TIA

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1372 by MTR-Admin
It can be frustrating, I've run into this issue many times in the past.

Typically what I would do is either remove the Shroud from the motor/pump assembly or (if that still doesn't give you room enough) install a 90 degree "street" elbow.

What you want is something like is pictured, below. These fittings are very easy to find at any plumbing supply store (and usually hardware stores).

You can find them at Walmart it looks like:

www.walmart.com/ip/41000087?wmlspartner=...106598964539&veh=sem

I would take the Regulator in with you, to confirm it fits; you may need a simple 1/4" x 1/4" pipe nipple to connect the Regulator to the elbow, and that's a very common, inexpensive fitting.

This should do it.

- MTR
Attachments:

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds