Huskey Cover Removal

8 years 5 months ago #1357 by flyboy
Huskey Cover Removal was created by flyboy
I have a Husky H1826F 26 gallon air compressor that has an air leak somewhere inside the cover.
To remove the cover I see 6 Phillips head screws connecting the two halves of the cover. also 3 small Phillips screws attaching the bezel around the gauges. OK so far. Then there are 2 attachments at the bottom of the cover just above the red tank. These look like a special tool is required for removal. They are not Phillips head screws. Thanks in advance for any help you provide.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #1358 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Huskey Cover Removal
Thanks for the post!

I have asked my rep at the manufacturer, I should receive an answer shortly on this. On many other similar units they manufacture, they use 5mm allen screws, but this is apparently not the case here.

- MTR

8 years 4 months ago #1359 by MTR-Admin
The manufacturer rep told me that you'll need an 8mm socket to remove those bolts.

Hopefully this helps!

- MTR

8 years 4 months ago #1376 by flyboy
Replied by flyboy on topic Huskey Cover Removal
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I appreciate your help. Will try this over the weekend and let you know if it works.

8 years 4 months ago #1377 by flyboy
Replied by flyboy on topic Huskey Cover Removal
:) The 8mm socket worked, got the cover off and found a leak at the pressure regulator assembly. Just ordered the replacement part. I am happy to have found your web site and would recommend it to anyone needing help. Thanks again and thanks to your Husky rep. Great service!

8 years 4 months ago #1378 by MTR-Admin
I'm glad to hear it!

Thank you for the positive comments, I'll certainly pass them along.

Hopefully the compressor will be good to go after the repair, if not then feel free to post it here.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds