Kobalt K7060V no suction at intake silencer

8 years 5 months ago #1332 by CRay
My Kobalt K7060V compressor has been set on auto at the on switch for 8/10 yrs 24/7 with no problem. Yesterday I found it poped off at motor safety with very high tank pressure (150#). Oil level was fine. I unpluged AC line, drained tank pressure to 100# and plugged in AC. Motor started but no suction at silencer and no air being added to tank. My guess is that the autoswitch failed and allowed the pump to over-pressure pump values. If this is a fair assessment of condition are pump repair parts available. Or does anyone have a better prediction of my correction needed.
thanks C Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #1335 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Kobalt K7060V no suction at intake silencer
Thanks for the post!

I do think you're right, I think the Reed Valves in the pump are defective, and it could have certainly been caused by the unit over pressurizing.

You can see a full breakdown and parts list for this unit on our site by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...60v-3692-p-2943.html

If you're not getting any suction from the intake filter, that's obviously caused by faulty valves. The pressure switch evidently failed, as it didn't automatically cut the unit off at 130 PSI, so that would need to be replaced as well.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds