Kobalt - no output pressure

8 years 8 months ago #1178 by JSmith
Kobalt - no output pressure was created by JSmith
I have a Kobalt KLA1581009

The check valve was leaking. I replaced that.

The motor starts fine, the pump pressurizes the tank. The digital display indicates 90lbs pressure.
I can manually pull the relief valve, and the tank has pressure.

No air will come out of the port where I am to connect the hose. I removed the connector, and the entire regulator. It had some brown stains, but did not look too dirty. I did not remove all the parts in the "regulator repair kit" since I was not sure if this is a regulator problem.

Can anyone please suggest a repair idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #1180 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Kobalt - no output pressure
Thanks for the post!

It does seem like a regulator problem, certainly. If you're getting pressure in the tank and can't get pressure to the hose, then the Regulator is the problem as it's the only component in between the tank and your outlet hose.

To me, it seems as though you need the Regulator Repair Kit, part# 105-0015 which sells for $12.33 + shipping.

You may have a damaged diaphragm, or it could be stuck due to debris or condensation build-up (rust). If stuck, it won't allow air through to your hose.
That would be my suggestion.

You can also try contacting a technical rep with the manufacturer directly at 888-895-4549.

- MTR

8 years 8 months ago #1182 by JSmith
Replied by JSmith on topic Kobalt - no output pressure
Thank you for your reply. Does the rebuild kit include a bit of lubricant? If not, what type of lubricant, if any, would you suggest I use?

8 years 8 months ago #1184 by MTR-Admin
It doesn't require any lubricant so you would install it dry. If there is an o-ring on the diaphragm (I can't recall if there is atm) then you could simply lubricate the o-ring, you can pick up o-ring lubricant at any hardware store.

Hope this helps!

- MTR

8 years 8 months ago #1202 by JSmith
Replied by JSmith on topic Kobalt - no output pressure
Thank you.

The rebuild kit works great. The tank pressurizes the motor cuts out, and cuts in when pressure drops.
The unit seems to work fine.

At about 125 psi I start to hear a repeating click-clack noise. It seems to be coming from the solenoid unit. When I turn the electrical power off, the noise stops.

Do you have any ideas what this could be? The compressor seems to work fine, except for this noise. The repair part shows two solenoids mounted on one piece of plastic on the underside of the manifold.

Thanks again for all of your help. This is my first compressor repair.

8 years 8 months ago #1218 by MTR-Admin
Typically if the solenoid is defective, it will make a "clicking" noise, so it would need to be replaced (unless it functions correctly and you can live with the noise).

The part# for that item is 026-0709 which sells for around $41.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds