Husky 33 Gallon Compressor Flexible down tube

8 years 8 months ago #1169 by jamesv
I have a Husky 33 gallon compressor that the copper 1/2 inch compression fitted down tube keeps breaking due to vibration. I`ve replaced it four times now and it`s difficult to bend a 90 degree 1/2 inch tube in 6 to 8 inches but anyway, it still keeps breaking. I`ve heard that I can get a braided steel replacement that would be flexible but I don`t know where or what the compression fitting alternative would be. Please help.....Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1171 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 33 Gallon Compressor Flexible down tube
Thanks for the post Jamesv,

What is the model# of your Husky compressor? It should be on a label on the tank; this will greatly help as I can recommend the correct size/length of tube you'll need.

You're right, S.S. braided tubes are essentially a permanent solution as vibration won't affect the integrity of the tube, neither will heat or pressure, so these braided tubes are recommended over copper or aluminum.
They're more expensive as you'll need to purchase the Tube as well as a new in-tank Check Valve (as the fittings are different), but again it will save you in the long run.

Our S.S. braided Transfer Tubes have male NPT fittings on one end (which would tread into your pump head) and female flare swivel connections on the opposite end. This would thread into either a flare adapter or, simply, a male flare check valve.

www.mastertoolrepair.com/12-steel-braide...lengths-p-13098.html

With the model# I can better recommend the parts you'll need.

Thank you!

- MTR

8 years 8 months ago #1174 by jamesv
The model # is WL660800RB and thank you for your prompt response. Kinda like you guys....Providing you don`t break it off in me on cost... :) Thx

8 years 8 months ago #1175 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 33 Gallon Compressor Flexible down tube
Well, our "FDT12" sells for $42 + shipping and is 12" in length. We also have a 7" long tube but that's probably too short.

You can view them all here: www.mastertoolrepair.com/12-steel-braide...lengths-p-13098.html

The only problem is finding a check valve that has a male flared inlet, as you'll need this to mate to the female flare fitting on the new tube. We have one available, but it has a 3/4" male NPT fitting on the tank end, and you need a 1/2" male NPT fitting to thread into your tank.

The best recommendation would be to go to a plumbing supply store have them find you a male flare adapter, which would convert your female flare swivel on the above transfer tube to a compression fitting, or simply to a male npt fitting.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds