Husky model #671-049 leaks air at base of switch

8 years 9 months ago #1128 by michael_maher48070@yahoo.com
Husky model #671-049 leaks air at base of switch was created by michael_maher48070@yahoo.com
I have a husky model #671-049.
Last week I replaced the pressure switch with a brand new one I purchased from you folks.

There is air leaking from the bottom of the switch. I determined this with soap water spray.

The switch assembly seems to consist of the main switch mechanism, some sort of gasket and a bottom plate where the safety valve, coupler, quick connects and gages are attached.

Is the gasket not properly seated to make a good seal? Will gasket sealer help?

Or is it possible there is air back flushing from the check valve?

Or something else.

The unit pumps to full pressure and holds it for about 1 hour, then due to the leak, it starts up again.

I realize taking the switch apart will void any possibility of returning it, so I want to proceed with caution.

any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you
M.J.M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1131 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky model #671-049 leaks air at base of switch
Michael,

Thanks for posting the question first, I appreciate it. There could certainly be another problem causing this leak, yes; it could be your tank Check Valve.

I would perform the Check Valve test, and you can find out exactly how to rule this out by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-test-check-valve-p-22524.html

There is also a text document at the above URL that will explain how to test it. Sometimes you can simply get away with cleaning the valve of grime and debris, sometimes it must be replaced.

If you perform the test and it seems okay then you may have a defective switch, but my money is on the check valve as it should be sealing completely so no pressure should leak out of the tank when the unit is off.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds