Air coming out air intake

8 years 9 months ago #1115 by bbirch
Air coming out air intake was created by bbirch
We recently purchased a 2nd hand air compressor. It had some leaks so I replaced the gaskets and those seem to be okay now. BUT, There is air coming forcefully out the air intake, at least that's what the manual labeled it.

It is a Jobsmart Oil-lubricated air compressor model TA-2040. It is carried solely by Tractor Supply Co. but they aren't familiar with it. I have a manual, but it is extremely limited on information.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1121 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Air coming out air intake
Thanks for the post!

This is an import unit made in China and most of the pump components are not available, at least not to my knowledge.

www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/jobsma...ontal-air-compressor

What you have are defective Reed Valves in the pump head. The Valves are probably rusted or are sticking to the valve plate, not allowing air to exhaust out to the transfer tube and in the tank, therefore air is blowing out of the intake.

If you've already contacted Tractor Supply (above) regarding this unit and can't find help, I'm not sure what else to recommend, honestly. This is unfortunately the nature of many products nowadays in this throw-away tool culture.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds