check valve for question (part number: 031-0037)

8 years 9 months ago #1113 by golfnut1
I have a Husky Model VLH1582609 417270 portable compressor. The check valve they sent me is different than the one that was in mine. They said it might look different, and it does. The one they sent me (part #: 031-0037) has a threaded hole in the top portion of the valve. I went ahead and installed it, but my compressor would not fill up with air. I took the top back off the compressor and put my finger over the hole in the top of the check valve, and it blows hot air out of the hole. My old check valve did not have a threaded hole in the top part of the valve. Is there supposed to be a threaded plug or something that goes into that hole. It will never fill my tank the way it is. Please help me with an answer. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1114 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic check valve for question (part number: 031-0037)
Thanks for the post!

Are you referring to the small 1/8" Female NPT fitting that is on the side of the hex fitting? If so, this is typical of most check valves, some have this accessory port and some do not.

If you do, you would just need to plug it with an 1/8" MPT pipe plug, which may cost you 50 cents at a local hardware store.
This port is the Unloader Line port, but some compressors don't use it.

- MTR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds