Valve plate gasket order and polate orientation

9 years 3 months ago #886 by hcubed
I have a Husky stationary 60 gallon with a Campbell Hausfeld pump. I ordered the valve plates and gaskets for it, and they arrived today. I only need to replace one set of plates as only one cylinder gave up the ghost. One of the shim stock reed valves was broken, and I had the plate stack and gaskets in proper assembly order (in the order they came off) but through the week my son came over and ended up shuffling their order before I could stop him.

I am unsure of the plate order and their orientation as well as the gasket order. Can some helpful soul come to my aid so I don't have to go through a major hassle of trial and error?
Help!!!!
The compressor model number is: VH631400AJ.

Many thanks in advance!

H. Condra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #891 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Valve plate gasket order and polate orientation
Thanks for the post!

I don't have a diagram on how the valve plates and valves are installed, but I can certainly obtain some help from a technical service rep with the manufacturer for you.

In the meantime, you can try contacting a tech rep with the manufacturer by calling 800-543-6400 as I'm sure they can walk you through it.

All I have is a photo of the part and a diagram of the pump, which isn't very detailed:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/valve-plate-kit...00200av-p-18172.html

I'll reply as soon as I have additional information.

- MTR

9 years 3 months ago #894 by hcubed
Thanks for the reply, and your guidance.
I called Campbell Hausfeld, talked to a the technical assistance department who e-mailed me a photographic installation guide with a list of all the parts and a detailed installation guide.
I had it back together within an hour, ran it up and it works as good as new again! I even managed to find and stop a slow leak that it had for a couple of years.
Thanks to this forum, and the Campbell Hausfeld team!!

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds