Sanborn 89CB200-22 trips breaker immediately

11 years 2 months ago #134 by wrhjr3
I can find absolutely nothing on the Internet about this compressor. A Google search of the model number comes up empty. I find that so hard to believe. I don't think I've ever experienced anything that I couldn't find information in a Google search. It trips the breaker immediately. I suspect the start capacitor but need to insure it's the right one. Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #136 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Sanborn 89CB200-22 trips breaker immediately
No problem, thanks for the inquiry!
I would suspect the Start Cap is defective as well, you can actually find out how to test it if you're not sure it's defective by looking at the attached document.

As for finding the correct Start Cap for your model, it's discontinued of course so Sanborn may not sell an OEM replacement.

The best way to go would be to find the microfarad rating which would be denoted as "uF" or "mfd" on the capacitor itself. You would also need the "VAC" voltage rating on the capacitor.

You can take a look at the various generic Capacitors we have on our site by clicking on the below link if you would like:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/electric-motors...itors-c-102_335.html

- MTR
Attachments:

11 years 2 months ago #138 by wrhjr3
Thanks for the info. Here's the problem - I have tested the capacitor with a capacitance meter and the capacitance reads about right. I haven't run a leak down test with a VOM, but guess that the capacitance meter - a BK Precision 810A - does the job. Because the compressor is so old and I haven't had it long, I don't know if the cap has ever been changed and is the right value.

11 years 2 months ago #139 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Sanborn 89CB200-22 trips breaker immediately
Understood, well you may want to reach a technical rep with Sanborn at 888-895-4549 so they can give you some of these specific technical details. Unfortunately that information isn't something I have available to me.
As long as the Check Valve holds air in the tank and isn't back-feeding through the line and putting pressure on the head, I would imagine it's an electrical problem, most likely a capacitor.
Thanks, hope this helps.
- MTR

11 years 2 months ago #140 by wrhjr3
Thanks! I'll try the tech rep.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MTR-Admin

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds