Huskey , Mod.# WL651003AJ

11 years 4 months ago #64 by Sammyc
Huskey , Mod.# WL651003AJ was created by Sammyc
My compressor is about 9 yrs. old, has been a super compressor, pumping upto and holding 140 # of pressure. Now it will pump 100 # and hold with pump still running, Pump # WL390100AJ. Piston seems tight, all else seems ok, just won't pump over 100 #... I have not taken it apart and don't know much about valve plates, looks like a simple job. But how much more could I be in for when I pull the head?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #145 by chico64
Replied by chico64 on topic Husky 832-522 Don't Reach
Recently may compresor have the problems that don't reach the max psig I verified the header and seen good all gasket are good, why the compressor don't reach the max psig 150. what wrong I don't hear any leaks

11 years 2 months ago #146 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 832-522 Don't Reach
MOST likely the Piston Ring & Cylinder will have to be replaced as this is by far the most common part replaced on these oil-less units. If the teflon-coated Piston Ring has a small tear, fold or scratch it will cause air to pass through and it won't compress to the maximum PSI where the unit can shut off.

I would take the pump head off first and inspect this. It could be as simple as one of your gaskets is damaged/torn or a valve is cracked, but that's obvious once you take the head off as you'll see the flat, metal reed valve and will be able to tell if it's rusted badly or cracked.

Unfortunately, no piston parts are available for this pump any longer.

As long as you don't have any other major air leaks externally, this is probably the culprit.
Hope this helps!
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds