WL651001AJ -Similar to Campbell Hausfeld

11 years 5 months ago #61 by Debus
I am purchasing the second exhaust tube for this unit in 10 months. I am not a contractor and do not expect professional grade performance from this compressor. Never the less, I was wondering if there could be a more durable and possibly flexible alternative to the rigid copper tube.
I am sure having it custom made is an option but I want to hear if there are any better suggestions from the experts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #62 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic WL651001AJ -Similar to Campbell Hausfeld
Thank you for the inquiry!
You're not alone, I'll say that. These particular oil-less units have a reacurring problem it seems, when it comes to the copper transfer tube. Because of the high vibration of the oil-less, direct-drive motor/pump assembly you typically get cracks in the Transfer Tube. More manufacturers are going to flexible Tubing because it lasts much longer and you typically never have to replace it.
You can certainly convert it over but it is obviosly more expensive. It may be worth it to you, though, as down the road if you have to replace the copper multiple times you'll spend as much anyway in time, money and frustration.

I would check out something like our "145A" Stainless-Steel, Flexible Braided Transfer Tube (photo attached) along with the "CTF5812" Flare-style Check Valve.

The 145A has a 1/2" MPT thread that would install directly into the pump head and a 1/2" Female Flare swivel fitting on the opposite end to connect to your Check Valve (which installs into the tank).
You will have to change out the current Check Valve because it is a 1/2" male compression fitting and our S.S. Tubes only come in Female Flare. The "CTF5812" is a male Flare check valve that will mate up to the Transfer Tube perfectly.
Feel free to check out these parts on our website by doing a Parts Search at the top right-hand side of the website to view more information.

You can order any one of the lengths of S.S. Tubes, but 12" long should be sufficient I'd imagine.

Hope this helps and feel free to share this info or reply with any additional questions or comments regarding this topic.
Thanks!
- MTR
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #63 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic WL651001AJ -Similar to Campbell Hausfeld
Attached is also a .PDF that will give you more info on converting to a S.S. Braided Transfer Tube, as well as this handy video, below.
- MTR

Attachments:

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds