SPEEDAIRECOMPRESSOR 1966

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #484 by stunami
SPEEDAIRECOMPRESSOR 1966 was created by stunami
HI,

I have speedaire compressor built in 1966 the motor and tank seem to be in complete working order. problem is
there is no check valve and I have installed a new pressure switch . so where would the check valve be located and does the check valve need to be connected to the pressure switch I have included a photo if this will help.

the tank filler tube is 3/4" copper to the right of the compressor then I have a 1/4" piece of copper from the left end of the tank to the new pressure switch which now seems to be incorrect . my pressure switch is a condor 100/135 4 port,90 unloader . ?I know zilch about compressor setup and need what ever help I can get
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #485 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic SPEEDAIRECOMPRESSOR 1966

Thanks for the post!

Wow, an oldy but a goody you have there. These are solid pumps.

You're almost there...you need to install the Check Valve in the main tank Inlet, which is right where the 3/4" supply tube enters the tank (where the red arrow is pointing in my attached photo).

The Check Valve (that we sell) will have an 1/8" FPT port on the side which will allow you to route your 1/4" Unloader Line from the Pressure Switch to it.
So, your 1/4" copper unloader tube from the pressure switch will be routed to the right side of the tank, in the side of your Check Valve.
You can view our Check Valves here: www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...k-valves-c-25_4.html ).

This should do it.

Feel free to reply with any additional questions!

- MTR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stunami

9 years 11 months ago #509 by stunami
Replied by stunami on topic SPEEDAIRECOMPRESSOR 1966
OK HAVE ALL THE PLUMBING SET UP NOW THE MOTOR HAS STOPPED WORKING TESTED THE CAPACITOR ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS TO BE GOOD STILL WON'T START THE MOTOR. motor = Westinghouse 1hp 1725 rpm 115/230 volts single phase . capacitor 135 vac 540-600 mfd sagamo 262524h11 4- 3/8"x 1 -13/16" round. compressor set up general #75k14 registration #4597. yes it is very old but it ran before I put the check valve on it .although I had to shut it off when it gained enough pressue . the motor and pump can be turned by hand so I figure that nothing is seized internally just won't start .

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds