Husky portable air compressor

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #469 by rca1816
Husky portable air compressor was created by rca1816
I have a two year old double tank Husky portable air compressor from Home Depot. I heard the motor running in my garage last night and when I investigated I saw both tank and outlet pressure gauges at 150!! I had the outlet pressure preset to 80!!! The motor was running or as I say "free wheeling" BUT the compressor part was not. Of course it's direct drive and not belt driven so first thought was pressure switch and that should have cut motor off, it didn't. Pop off safety wasn't blowing air but motor was still running/ compressor was not. Could you explain how I can fix. Why would motor be running and compressor part not? Both should have been running with safety blow off expelling air?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #470 by rca1816
Replied by rca1816 on topic Husky portable air compressor
If there's any way to get back with a solution soon, I'd appreciate it. Getting ready to roof a house.

9 years 11 months ago #471 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky portable air compressor
Thanks for the post!

There are a couple of reasons this could be happening. First, do you have the model# of your compressor? This would help greatly.

If it's a direct-drive unit, first check to make sure the Belt isn't split, torn or has come off of the 'flywheel'. This is the simplest reason the motor would be running yet the pump would not be.

Also, make sure to spray soapy water on all fittings and hoses to confirm you have no major air leak.

It's tough to say if it's a Pressure Switch problem because I'm not sure what the preset PSI ratings are for the unit without a model#. It could be that the unit never reached the preset PSI for the Safety Valve to blow off; typically Safety Valves are preset to blow off at around 20 to 30 PSI above the max PSI of the unit (which the Pressure Switch is set to cut the unit off at).

If you can reply with either the model# or even a photo of the unit, I'm sure we'll be able to narrow this down!

- MTR

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #472 by rca1816
Replied by rca1816 on topic Husky portable air compressor
The model # is H1504ST. Like I said comp wasn't working and motor was running. This I didn't understand not being a belt drive. Seems motor would have shut off.

9 years 11 months ago #473 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky portable air compressor
Well the H1504ST model compressor does have a Belt, it's a very small, cogged Belt and it's very common for this Belt to snap and come off of the Crank Flywheel.
I would certainly check the Belt as that's most likely the problem.

If you click on the link below you can view the parts diagram for this unit and even a video which shows the Belt in an installation.

www.mastertoolrepair.com/husky-parts-h15...lb22e2ic9lh4gma7mdl0

Hope this helps...

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: rca1816

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds