Emglo LU pump

9 years 11 months ago #439 by c.forrester
Emglo LU pump was created by c.forrester
I have an older model Emglo lu series pump. I believe it is designed to be continuous run.Is there any head mods that would need to be done while i am rebuilding this pump to convert to start /stop operation. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #445 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo LU pump
Thanks for the post!

Pretty simple, really. If you have a an electric motor-driven system all you would need to do is plug the 1/4" port in the pump Head itself where the 1/4" OD copper tubing connects to (the other end connects to the brass Pilot Valve). Once you do this, you'll have to install an on/off Pressure Switch, if you don't have one already, and a Check Valve in the main Inlet of the Tank.

The main Transfer Tube from the pump will install into the top of the Check Valve. The CV also has an 1/8" FPT port in the side of it, this is where you'll install the 1/4" copper tube which ran to your Pilot Valve.

You'll then wire your Motor Cord to the Pressure Switch, then wire a Power Cord from the Pressure Switch to plug into the wall outlet.

But, you'll first need to remove the Pilot Valve that's threaded into the Manifold on your Tank. Then, install an "L" fitting (elbow) and thread it into this port. This is where you'll thread the Pressure Switch into, which usually has a 1/4" male or female fitting.

You can also use the attached .pdf as a reference, which should help give you a visual.

Feel free to reply with any additional questions at all!
- MTR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: c.forrester

9 years 11 months ago #447 by c.forrester
Replied by c.forrester on topic Emglo LU pump
Thank you ,i figured it was simple. I am using this pump as a replacement on a start/stop setup. What I didnt know was if the unloaders in the heads needed to be altered in any way. I am ordering a rebuilt kit from you guys and wanted to make sure I got every thing I needed. Thank you for your quick re ponce.

9 years 11 months ago #451 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo LU pump
I'm glad to help and we really appreciate your business!

I'll certainly be able to assist you further once you start the rebuild, if necessary.
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds