pressure switch removal=unknown origin of spring

10 years 1 day ago #401 by dakota
:( I carelessly removed the pressure switch on a Husky H1826F portable air commpressor(1.8hp,26 gallon)and now have a 1&1/2" black (center coil)spring that I cannot figure out the origin of one end of the spring.The known is that one end goes to a cam.The spring is not one from the switches contacts.I don't if the other end connects to one of the four pressure swithes mounting bolts and I,ve inspected the black molding and cannot find a hole or tab for this other spring end. in hind sight I should have removed the switch cover via the phillips screw.That being said can anyone give me the location the spring end goes to?Also I wanted to know if this is a sealed oil lubrucated compressor and if not how to check the oil level?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 day ago #402 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic pressure switch removal=unknown origin of spring
Thanks for the post Dakota!

First, I do know that this is an oil-free compressor, so no need for oil.

Secondly, typically these Switches are very difficult to re-assemble once they're taken apart. The manufacturer uses a special tool to manufacturer these so it can be difficult.

But if you're trying to, I would imagine that spring is possibly a pressure adjustment spring. Typically you'll find a screw near the contacts which adjusts tension on a spring, which will adjust either the cut in pressure or cut out pressure of the Switch.

Do you have a photo of the Spring you could attach? That would help.

I haven't taken this particular switch apart, so I'm a bit limited in assisting you.
- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds