Central Pneumatic Exhaust valve plate needed

10 years 1 month ago #382 by cdolson
Hi,

I am trying to repair a Central Pneumatic Air Compressor model number 90234 and I have diagnosed the problem. The Exhaust valve plate and the crankshaft key are both cracked and need to be replaced. They are small parts - the key is small and round - I can probably use any small key that goes to a small engine crankshaft. The more difficult part to find is the Exhaust Valve Plate. I can't seem to find simple replacement parts online.

The Exhaust Valve is part number "4c" in the attached manual on page 14 (diagram on page 16)

File Attachment:

File Name: Central_Pn...0234.pdf
File Size:1,128 KB

Any tips on how to source the parts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #383 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Central Pneumatic Exhaust valve plate needed
Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately, nearly all parts for Central Pneumatic compressors are not available. This is frustrating I know, but whomever the Chinese manufacturer is that makes these Harbor Freight specials simply doesn't release a parts list and doesn't offer parts.

This is something I would pose to Harbor Freight directly as "Central Pneumatic" is their brand. You can reach them at 800-444–3353.

I'm sorry for not being of much help, hopefully they can assist you somehow.

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdolson

10 years 1 month ago #384 by cdolson
Replied by cdolson on topic Central Pneumatic Exhaust valve plate needed
Thanks for the info.

Yes that is a bit frustrating. I'll see if I can fabricate something if Harbor Freight is no help.

Cheers.
Chris

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds