CAP2000P-OF AIR COMPRESSOR

10 years 1 month ago #367 by GregA
CAP2000P-OF AIR COMPRESSOR was created by GregA
i was using the compressor to blow off dust, all of a sudden it started to slightly smoke, the pressure dropped and it started to sound like a shop vac instead of a compressor & continues to sound like that when I turn it on. Any idea what's wrong?

Kinda of hate to ask this questions ... and don't mean to be thick skulled but ... how do you get to the motor? I can't get the stupid thing open to get to the motor!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #369 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic CAP2000P-OF AIR COMPRESSOR
No worries, thanks for the post Greg!

You have to remove the shroud covering the motor which are two halves (like a clamshell), these are small hex screws which you'll probably need an extension to get to the screws.

Once you have the cover off, look at the small drive Belt, this is probably what snapped so I'm sure this is the reason it sounds different and is not pumping air. Most likely the drive belt is broken so the pump probably isn't turning at all.

Hopefully this helps and feel free to reply once you have the cover off and inspect the unit, we'll try to help further!
- MTR

10 years 1 month ago #370 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic CAP2000P-OF AIR COMPRESSOR
By the way, I believe the screws that are holding the covers on are 5 mm Allen screws with 6” extension.
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds