compressor problems

10 years 2 months ago #346 by geakesdad
compressor problems was created by geakesdad
I have a 5hp 26gal.Campbell Hausfeld air compressor that the piston and fan came apart in. I bought a piston kit and a fan kit for it.I put it back together and it's not working right,everything is moving but I think the part that the piston goes around is worn and I don't see this part in the parts diagram.Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #347 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic compressor problems
Thanks for the post!

If you can reply with the model# of the compressor I'm sure I can locate it for you. It sounds like you need the Piston/Connecting Rod itself, which the Piston Ring installs on.

Thanks!
- MTR

10 years 1 month ago #362 by geakesdad
Replied by geakesdad on topic compressor problems
The model # is wl611102a2. Thanks for your help.

10 years 1 month ago #363 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic compressor problems
I think your model is actually "WL611002AJ", after doing some research. Typically you'll have six digits then an "AJ" as a suffix.
If this is your model you can view this on our site at the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/campbell-hausfe...l611002-p-26822.html

If you need the Eccentric Weight/Bearing, this is unfortunately not available separately from the manufacturer (Campbell Hausfeld); it's only available as an entire Motor/Pump Assembly.

You're probably right, however, as the Piston bolts down onto the Eccentric and if it's worn or wobbles on the shaft, the Piston won't last very long.

You may want to give a tech at Campbell a call directly at 800-543-6400 to confirm this with them, they'll probably say the same. If they can't offer the Eccentric Assy to you then the compressor may be a boat anchor :-/

I hope this helps, thanks again for the post!
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds