Emglow piston rings order

10 years 2 months ago #340 by Yak
Emglow piston rings order was created by Yak
I ordered a rebuild kit for a KU pump and inside the kit was a ring set K133. I understand the position of the oiler rings, but the other two rings are different. One appears to be steel and the other appears to be steel with a composite bonded to it. I understand that the dot goes up on either ring but what ring is the top one, the composite bond or the steel?
Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #341 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglow piston rings order
Thanks for the post!

You're correct in that the dots on the Rings face upwards when installing them. The Ring with the "bonded" material you're referencing is the Oil Ring, which is the bottom Ring on the Piston. The newer Jenny pumps use a SINGLE oil-ring which has the "scraper" bonded to it, older pumps used a typical oil ring with a separate ring and scraper.

The steel Ring would install on the top.

So, this Piston has 2 compression rings and one oil ring.

I hope this helps.
- MTR

10 years 2 months ago #342 by Yak
Replied by Yak on topic Emglow piston rings order
Thanks for the help. I appreciate master tool repairs willingness to help me through a problem.

10 years 2 months ago #343 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglow piston rings order
Certainly glad to, thanks again for posting!

Just to confirm, thought I'd mention that if you notice the one compression ring will have a notch out of it the entire way around the ring. This ring will go right above the oil rings and the last ring will go on top of the piston of course.
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds