Kellog air compressor

10 years 2 months ago #330 by rharrelshaw
Kellog air compressor was created by rharrelshaw
I'm wanting to know what motor is compatible to a Kellog air compressor pump, Model-A321TV Serial-K804107

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #332 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Kellog air compressor
Thanks for the post!
This Kellogg pump requires a large frame 1 to 2 HP Motor to push it. Nowadays the Motors you'll find on the market at this horsepower rating are much weaker then the Pumps Kellogg used to use, so I would say a modern 3hp Motor would do the trick.

Since it's a pretty heavy duty cast-iron pump, you'll want to use a large-frame, higher amperage motor so you'll have enough torque to push this guy. You'll need a 1,725 to 1,750 RPM motor rated at around 20 Amps, that should do it.

You can find something like this on our site, our Part# V102 on this page www.mastertoolrepair.com/02-hp-electric-motors-p-3959.html or our MTG-F15E1 at this link www.mastertoolrepair.com/015-hp-electric-motors-p-3958.html would push it.

I hope this helps!
- MTR

Hope this helps!

10 years 2 months ago #334 by rharrelshaw
Replied by rharrelshaw on topic Kellog air compressor
If I maske this motor change, will I need to change anything? Like the capacitor.. The motor that was on it was a 2HP, 1725-1750 motor. The problem that we were having is that it pops the breaker just as fast as we would turn it on and it did blow the capacitor on the the old motor and we put a new capacitor on, still didn"t fix it.(it ran fine for a couple of years)... Does that mean the motor is bad or that there is a dead short somewhere? (we did check all connections and wires from the switch to the motor, to the breaker box.)

10 years 2 months ago #336 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Kellog air compressor
Did you replace the Pressure Switch? I'd check the Pressure Switch contacts if you haven't already, make sure they're not fried. When the capacitor went (assuming that's it) it may have burnt the switch contacts.
Make sure it's wired up correctly, of course.

Also, make sure the centrifugal switch on the Motor isn't stuck on (the copper contacts). Just click on the below link to view this info.

www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-clean-mo...-switch-p-23178.html

Let me know what you find!
- MTR

10 years 2 months ago #337 by rharrelshaw
Replied by rharrelshaw on topic Kellog air compressor
will do, thank you!!

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds