Husky 516051 wont shut off

10 years 2 months ago #318 by aschessla
Husky 516051 wont shut off was created by aschessla
Hi, I have a husky 516051. I recently noticed the safety relief valve opening because the tank pressure was getting to high. I changed the pressure switch valve because it was actually leaking. Installed the new one today that I got from ya'll and the compressor still will not turn off automatically. The safety relief valve is still triggering at 150psi. Could it be a bad pressure switch again or something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #319 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 516051 wont shut off
Thanks for the post!
It COULD be a defective Pressure Switch, which does happen every now and then. Just make sure the tank doesn't leak AFTER the unit shuts off, if it does then you have a tank Check Valve which isn't sealing shut, back-feeding all of the tank pressure through the line and out of your pressure switch.

If it simply still pressurizes too high so that your Safety Valve blows off, then we'll probably have to set up an RMA to have it returned and replaced for you.

However, the switch is pre-set to cut this unit out at 150 PSI, so the Safety Valve shouldn't blow off until the tank pressure reaches 165 PSI as that is what it's rated for.
Does the safety valve blow off at 165 PSI or 150 PSI? This will rule out the Safety Valve as being a problem.

If the Valve blows off at 165 PSI then the pressure switch is clearly failing.

Can you upload a photo of the Pressure Switch you received? Also, where is air leaking, around the pressure switch?
Thanks!
- MTR

10 years 2 months ago #320 by aschessla
Replied by aschessla on topic Husky 516051 wont shut off
Ok. I tried it again. The safety valve popped at about 160ish. I turned the power off and reset the valve. I then turned the power on and it would not turn on, so I let air out until it got low enough 120ish and the unit switched on. This time the auto-off worked. The gauge got to about 160. Could it have needed a cycle or two? Anyways here is a pick of the pressure switch (new one). I will gauge it over a few days to see what happens. Thanks for the quick reply.

The old pressure switch was leaking at one of the prongs for the electrical.
Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago #321 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 516051 wont shut off
You can live with 160 PSI if that what it cuts off at. But yes, certainly keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and get back to me with what you find. It could have just needed to seat.
Glad to help if I can!
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds