Husky 26 gallon compressor not bulding pressure

4 years 7 months ago #3210 by LarryI
I have a Husky 26 gallon oiless compressor. During a period of heavy use, I heard a bang and a bunch of noise that stopped after a few seconds. It still produced pressure at that point. It ran a couple more cycles at full pressure then shut down. I assumed it overheated. After it cooled down, it fired right back up as usual, built pressure and ran a couple more cycles but I heard a bit of air from under the cover that stopped right before it reached its pressure setting. I thought it was the bleed valve at first. Anyway, it would run as usual but only get to 50 PSI. I let it cool down again and now it will not make any pressure. Runs but sits at 0 PSI.
Would anyone have some insight as to what may have happened and what I need to do to repair this? I'm not sure where to begin or what to replace. I would appreciate any help and direction to go with this. Other than the compressor being louder than standing next to a Funny Car at a drag race, this compressor has served me well over the years, so I would like to fix it if possible. Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #3212 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 26 gallon compressor not bulding pressure
I can't see the model number. Go to this link and see if you can match up the model number for me first.
mastertoolrepair.com/husky-air-compresso...s-c-271_458_459.html

4 years 7 months ago #3236 by LarryI
It looks like this one.

mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-part...bc2iperhov4v77qotui3

I hope that helps. I appreciate you looking into it.
Attachments:

4 years 7 months ago #3237 by LarryI
It looks like this one.

mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-part...bc2iperhov4v77qotui3

I hope that helps. I appreciate you looking into it.
Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #3249 by LarryI
Hi I was wondering if I provided the right information to help figure this out. Thanks.

4 years 6 months ago #3252 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 26 gallon compressor not bulding pressure
Sorry, my reply must have not gone through. I would pull the head off of the compressor and see if a seal broke. Also, there is a rubber tube that leads from the head to the tank. I would check that first for a possible hole or bubble that burst.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds