Leaking valve

4 years 9 months ago #3115 by Tom C H
Leaking valve was created by Tom C H
Hi people, my first post so be gentle, I bought an old 3cyl Chinese compressor recently which wouldn't build enough pressure, anyhow I sorted that with a new head gasket and taking the warpage out of it with some wet and dry on a sheet of glass but I have a problem with the valve on the side of the control box which appears to be brand new (previous owner gave up) even has new h/d 3m cable and plug

If you look at the picture you'll see the valve on the side of the controller and below the brass nut there is a hole which is I think the vent for the pressure on the pistons to release, the thing that goes TSSSH when you hit 120psi like my smaller comp, now I've got everything set right so it builds to 120 and re-starts at 90 but the air keeps flowing out of this hole constantly until the compressor shuts off, then that shuts off too (stops pouring air) but whilst the poor old thing is trying to build pressure it has to cope with this constant leak.

So my question is - do I need to replace the entire unit with a $20 eBay unit (pictured) or is there a fix for just this part, I'm worried if I buy a new one it will do the same.
Thanks Tom.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #3116 by Tom C H
Replied by Tom C H on topic Leaking valve
Oh I have tried bending that thing at the bottom up and down but it seems to make no difference.

4 years 9 months ago #3117 by Tom C H
Replied by Tom C H on topic Leaking valve
Ahh I just noticed you are in the US so no point in telling me where to buy something or go for repairs as I'm in Western Australia.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds