Shopping for a new compressor.

5 years 3 weeks ago #3017 by St3v3
Shopping for a new compressor. was created by St3v3
I had an old Sears compressor probably from the 80's Model# 919.176210 the motor went out and so did the pump. So now I am looking for something new. My primary use would be mainly for inflating tires and cleaning stuff, but I also would like to pick up a framing nailer and I have a texture spray gun that I have used.
I mainly try to look at the CFM # since that is from what I just learned is more important than just having a +gallon tank. I'm looking to spend around $300. The Husky C041H or the Makita mac2400 are the ones I was looking at thus far.
Any input would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #3019 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Shopping for a new compressor.
Thanks for the post!

If I were to choose between the two models you listed, I would choose the Makita. It's an oil-bath pump, which generally lasts longer than oil-free pumps (like the Husky C041H). Generally speaking, it's a better unit. Also, a lot of Husky parts aren't available and there's no guarantee that parts will be available in the near future if you need them.

Neither of these units will put out the CFM that your old Craftsman unit put out, however. That unit uses a twin-cylinder, oil-bath reciprocating pump and will certainly put out more CFM that the two units you mentioned.

I hope this helps and thanks for the inquiry!

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds