California Air Tool - 4610AC - Blown rubber hose from header to regulator

5 years 2 months ago #2928 by jbnotes
Bought this nice little compressor about 2 years ago and the small, black rubber tube which connects the regulator to the header assembly near the top of the unit has just split. It's about 5"- 6" long, turns 90 degrees when installed and has swivel female fittings at both ends. Can't find the part on a list but it could be #49 on the schematic. Would like to know if this part can be replaced or do I need to have it custom made at a hose shop. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #2929 by skatingtoolman
What is the length of the tube?
Is it held in place by a compression fitting or just pushed onto a hose barb?

We have a selection of these here:
mastertoolrepair.com/transfer-tubes-nylo...es-c-25_294_435.html

5 years 2 months ago #2933 by jbnotes
Thanks "skatingtoolman" ... this may be what I'm looking for ... I'll have to remove and measure the tube carefully but until I do, I'll stick with my earlier description of 5" - 6" overall length and connected at a right angle with female compression nuts at each end. Looking from the top, it's right there, coming from the regulator and turning to the left as it connects to the header assembly. It should be a simple matter to replace the tube, insert and ferrule ... all locally available. Seems like a weak "link in the chain" but a more strongly reinforced tube might be overkill ... unless this happens often. JN

5 years 2 months ago #2934 by skatingtoolman
If the tube simply burst, it may be due to blockage in the check valve, not allowing air to enter the tank freely, but simply replacing this nylon tubing would be the first step.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds