Sullivan-Palatek

5 years 2 months ago #2926 by poepjin
Sullivan-Palatek was created by poepjin
Hi

I have a Sullivan-Palatek rotary screw compressor, model# 10BPG Serial# 0606765.

I bought it used through a auction and after adding and replacing some parts it was running fine. But now after using it about 20h it started to act erratic; it would run fine the first maybe 15-30 Minutes and then it would stop charging. the pressure would just go down through usage and the compressor would not recharge. First I thought maybe the oil filter and separator would be plugged since I never replaced them. I did so but it didn't fix the problem. I discovered that it would not suck in air when it is supposed to do. So I removed the air filter and cover and saw that the intake valve would not open up. Even when i tried to force it lightly with my hands I could not open it. Has anybody an idea why this is happening?

Next day when I turn it on again it works fine again for 15-30 Minutes and then the same thing.

I live in Hawaii and the service tech. for Sullivan-Palatek is on another island. So i really try to fix this myself, otherwise it will get very expensive. I don't know much of the principle how this compressor is working; i do have some mechanical and electrical skills and I also have the parts/operator manual which I attach to this post.

Thanks

Pat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds